This drone kit is a Linux-quadcopter that aims to teach an inspire people about the upcoming robotics revolution starting at only 499 €. In its simplest version this product includes:
– Erle-Copter frame
– Erle-Brain 3 Linux autopilot
– 4x Erle Robotics brushless motors
– 4x Erle Robotics compatible ESC
– 2x Erle Robotics propellers CCW
– 2x Erle Robotics propellers CW
– Power module
– 1x 5500 mAh 3S LiPo battery
– 1x 3S LiPo charger
– RC 2.4 GHz 6 channels (includes transmitter and receiver)
|Propellers||9.5 x 4.5in|
|Flight time||~20 minutes with a 5000 mAh battery|
|Payload||Up to 1 kg (influences the flight time)|
|ESC Signal Frequency range||30Hz – 450Hz, support 3S-4S battery|
|Motor Stator size||22 x 12 mm (2212) and KV: 920 rpm/V|
|OS||Debian or Ubuntu Snappy Core|
- Telemetry, although not included is recommended.
– It is advisable to install some fiberglass legs if you use a gimbal.
– If you use a 2-axis gimbal, you will need a 9 channels RC to control both axis. With the 6 channel RC you only can control one of the axis.
– You will need a 4S LiPo battery charger/balancer for the extra 4S batteries.